production: more editing


 Today I will finish editing the film. Now that all the clips are picked and sorted, it is kind of a fun process from here. I began by editing each individual clip, trying different brightness settings, exposure, filters and more. I wanted the clips to blend cohesively and make it distinct that they were part of the same movie. Some clips would be better dark and others light, but they all had the same general theme.  I edited each clip so in a cold blue sort of tint and make to progressively darker, to try and represent the progressing hardships in the title. Next I started working on the transition between clips. I didn't want things to look choppy or poorly done, so made sure the flow was cohesive and fitting for each scene. In the birds eye view clip, I wanted it to be slowly spinning around and zooming in. I went through many different editing apps to try and accomplish this, when I finally did I uploaded the fixed clip back into iMovie. The most important task was definitely adding the title sequences, but I made sure to save it for last. For the scene where wren is just laying down in bed, I wanted a rotating zoom in. This was surprisingly hard to do, I was able to do the slow zoom in but having it rotate while doing so I was unable to do. I tried my best, but in the end the simple zoom in was still very cool. I have still yet to choose a song because I am waiting till the last minute incase I do get an email back. I will likely choose a song soon, but not yet. The the titles were fun to pick. For some reason iMovie wouldn't allow me to move the position of the title but I would just change around the size instead. Just as I made the last clip fade out to white, I made the last title fade out with it too. I ended off by adding a voice over to one scene, I felt like it really helped in the dramatics. I also added bird and car noises to the scene that is outdoors, the outside noises begin the grow louder as the title sequence ends to where the real movie begins.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

production: changes made from film review

Creative Critical Reflection